I’ve begun many conversations with my family that way. Guess what?!
I am excited to share that a lot has happened in my life in the last 2 years, and in the last 2 weeks! And today is a special 1 year anniversary!
- April 2014 – I stepped aside from teaching Bible studies to be available for my daughter’s senior year of college… and yes – I was anticipating that her boyfriend would propose to her!
- August 2014 – my husband was notified that his job would end.
- August 2014 – 2 days later, I began writing my next Bible study on the book of Job.
- August through January 15 – I studied and wrote lessons on Job.
- January 15, 2015 – BIG DAY!! – we got the text we had been eagerly awaiting! Chris wanted to meet with Wade and me to ask to Emily to marry him! I packed up my Bible study books and notes right then and there!
- January 16, 2015 – I began my wedding planning mom-job/ministry! While Emily didn’t know that a proposal was on the way, she and I had talked over the years (even before she had a boyfriend, of course) and she wanted me to be her wedding planner. Yay!!
- August 8, 2015 – the MARRIAGE ceremony took place. Joy! Delight! Blessing! Glory to God!
- August 8, 2015…6:45pm… Mr. and Mrs. Christopher Nelsen departed through a shower of rainbow colored pom-poms and began their new adventure. Whew! I had never in my life lost my cell phone or keys, but that day I was joyfully exhausted and lost them both! (I found them the next day, exactly where they should have been!)
- August – November, 2015 – my husband was still looking for a job. I was still recuperating from wedding planning! I still wasn’t teaching Bible study.
- October, 2015 – my dear uncle Bryan died, he had always rejected faith in Jesus, but he also had loved me and my testimony of faith. It was a blessing to me to deliver the eulogy at his funeral, and comfort our family with the hope that God had given Bryan the chance to trust Christ right before he died. The hospital chaplain clearly presented God’s truth and prayed for him. We don’t know what decision Bryan made, but we hope that he finally surrendered his life to Christ.
- January, 2016 – I started studying and writing lessons on Job again. I wasn’t ready, but the Lord brought about circumstances that showed me that it was time!
- (Meanwhile… in case you were wondering… my husband has been starting a new business, with great perseverance and trust in the Lord, as he faces the challenges of business development. Life is different than it used to be!)
- May, 2016 – I finished the study! Although, as Paul said – “yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.” 1 Corinthians 15:10
- July, 2016 – I’ve spent this summer editing and formatting my studies for online publishing. I’ve assigned ISBN numbers and uploaded files and set up necessary accounts.
And here I am …
preparing to launch 6 in-depth Bible studies on Amazon.com
preparing to teach my newest study at new times and places
trying new ways to share God’s Word!
More details coming soon…I’ll let you know when studies are available on Amazon!